Data Collection Privacy Statement
Personal Date Collection Statement
1. From time to time, it is necessary for customers to provide the Company with data in connection with the opening or continuation of accounts and the establishment or continuation of credit facilities or provision of other services.
2. Failure to provide such data may result in the Company being unable to open or continue accounts or establish or continue credit facilities or provide other financial services.
3. It is also the case that data are collected from customers in the ordinary course of the business.
4. The purposes for which data relating to a customer may be used are as follows:
i. the daily operation of the services and credit facilities provided to customers;
ii. conducting credit checks;
iii. assisting other financial institutions to conduct credit checks;
iv. ensuring the credit worthiness of customers;
v. customizing financial services or related products for customers;
vi. promoting financial services or related products;
vii. defining amounts owed to or by customers;
viii. collection of amounts outstanding from customers and those providing security for customer’s obligations;
ix. satisfying the requirements to make disclosure under the requirements of any standing instructions, regulations and ordinance;
x. purposes relating thereto.
5. Data held by the Company relating to a customer will be kept confidential but the Company may provide such information to the following parties for the purposes as:
i. any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment or securities clearing or other services to the Company in connection with the operation of its business;
ii. our group companies;
iii. any other person and any group under a duty of confidentiality to the Company including a group of the Company which has undertaken to keep such information confidential (such as lawyers, accountants, auditor, credit management agency etc);
iv. any financial company and any financial institutions with which the customer has or proposes to have dealings;
v. any actual or proposed assignee of the Company or participant or sub participate or transferee of the Company’ rights in respect of the customer; and
vi. any other government or regulatory authorities to which the Company is under a duty to disclose such data.
6. The Company may match, compare, transfer or exchange any personal data collected by it with the data collected by government bodies, other regulatory authorities, corporations, organizations or individuals in Hong Kong or overseas for the purposes of verifying those data.
7. Under and in accordance with the terms of the Ordinance any individual :
i. has the right to check whether the Company holds data about him and the right of access to such data;
ii. has the right to require the Company to correct any data relating to him which is inaccurate;
iii. has the right to ascertain the Company’ policies and practices in relation to data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by the Company.
8. In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, the Company has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
9. The person to whom requests for access to data or correction of data for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held are to be addressed is as follows :
Orient Securities Finance Limited
Room 3112, 31st Floor, China Merchants Tower, Shun Tak Centre, 168-200 Connaught Road Central, Hong Kong
Telephone: 2561 8828, Fax: 2561 6628.
Collection of Personal Information via browsing of our website
10. Use of “cookies”
Your visit to this site may be recorded for analysis on the number of visitors to the site and general usage patterns. Some of the information will be gathered through the use of “cookies”. Cookies are small bits of information that are automatically stored on a person's web browser in their computer that can be retrieved by this site. Should you wish to disable these cookies you may do so by changing the setting on your browser.